april 17 - april 25, 2021
Winners announced on April 30th!
walk, run, & hike to end hunger
in hancock county
Whether you are a seasoned runner, walker, or hiker, or you are looking to start moving more in 2021, the Hancock County Food Drive invites you to sign up for the Miles for Meals Challenge. Sign up and recruit sponsors (friends, family, coworkers, etc.) to donate for every intentional mile (not just the total number of steps you take during the day) you walk, run, or hike between Saturday April 17, 2021 and Sunday April 25, 2021. Lace up those running shoes and hiking boots and join us in raising $40,000 this April!
How it works:
1. Register here as an individual or as a team
2. Donate $10 (individual) or $20 (team of 3-10) to complete your registration
3. Recruit sponsors using the resources in the Miles for Meals Toolkit (below)
4. Report your miles to your sponsors and have them donate by April 27th
5. Report your miles & fundraising total to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27th
Download our Mile Tracker to track your progress, and join the virtual community by following and tagging @hcfooddrive on Facebook & using the hashtag #MilesforMeals.
Local prizes will be awarded to the individuals and teams that raise the most funds and log the most miles!
What will this event support?
100% of the funds raised will go to local food assistance programs that collectively serve thousands of Hancock County community members.
We are here to help! Please contact Rachel at or call (207) 667-7171 with any questions you have.
Miles for Meals toolkit
Miles for Meals flier (white background)
Miles for Meals flier (blue background)
Hancock County Food Drive information
Tracking Your Miles
Suggested Trails & Routes